Monday, July 16, 2012

YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!!!






I am so excited about this....  GET READY!

I have been talking about the tostapane for years.  I have used it on my TV show a hundred times, I wrote a blog about it years ago, and many of you have written asking where you can buy one!   I always made a joke and said that you had to come with me to Italy to get one.

On one of my trips, my students and I descended upon a small hardware store in Greve’s central square, and bought out their stock! Now I finally imported them into the U.S., and it is available now on Open Sky at: https://opensky.com/joanneweir/product/tostapane.


It is such a simple concept, but nowhere else to be found. It toasts bread or crostini on top of the stove and makes it taste like you’ve cooked it over an open fire, just like in Italy!  My favorite way to use it is to slice a loaf of rustic bread, toast the slices on both sides on the tostapane until they smoke slightly, then remove and rub them with a cut garlic clove. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle them with salt – a Maldon salt  or other flavored salt – and you have the snack from heaven!

No comments: