Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Gingerbread house party


Sometimes you just need to build a gingerbread house.  I don't know about you, but this year has been crazy busy, so when my friend, Jill, asked me to come to her house in Santa Cruz and make gingerbread houses, I jumped in my car!  

Imagine a room filled with good friends, piles of homemade gingerbread panels ready for construction, piping bags filled with royal icing, a rainbow of gumdrops, a slew of different sparkling sweets that Jill had collected over the year, and of course, some pretty incredible candies.

Everyone had a unique approach to constructing and decorating their houses and although I had a few challenges, I must say that my roof was pretty special.  What a great way to embrace the holiday season!  


King Arthur posted a great recipe and detailed instructions to make your own gingerbread house from scratch. Click here and give it a try! 


Happy holidays!!

No comments: