Thursday, August 27, 2009

bachelorette party

This is what I look like when I'm surprised!

Am I really a bachelorette?

A Champagne Shower in my honor! Oh yeah, I was definitely showered in Champagne!

It all took place at my friend Jill's condo at the Four Seasons. Mariangela and Jill planned a fantastic party. Mariangela certainly is the party queen! Bottles of Champagne, a table of delicious food, 15 very happy best women friends, two of my future stepdaughters and one very happy Joanne! In the first ten minutes, my face started cramping from smiling so much.

A glass of Billecart Salmon Champagne was the first thing placed in my hand. Then the food... I can still taste the eggplant dip and the dahl loaded with sweet carrots. (Remond me, I've gotta get that recipe!) Loved the delicious Sweet 100 cherry tomato flatbread from Farina and Kraemer made endive with smoked trout from one of my books! I recall eating a few slices of salumi from a huge platter. I remember Lucques olives and marcona almonds but honestly, the rest is a blurr! It felt like I walked in the door, blinked and the party was over. I guess that's what happens when you're surrounded by so much friendship, love and celebration!

Did I tell you that Joe joined us in the end and we all danced into the night?!

3 comments:

Amy Sherman said...

Sounds like a blast!

mai-ling said...

That sounded really super Joanne!

Potato Recipes said...

Great postt thankyou