Thursday, December 29, 2011

my new year's resolution


What is it about New Year’s Eve? I remember when I was younger, I used go to parties and watch people drink and drink some more, get happy and happier, and then kiss the wrong person. These days, my favorite ways to spend New Year's Eve is with best friends and family toasting with rosé champagne and eating smoked salmon and caviar pizza. I love it when the clock strikes twelve and I'm kissing the right person.

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
~ Bill Vaughn ~

As I thought about the new year or 2012, nostalgia and melancholy set in. 2011 was momentous for me. Losing my Dad had a huge impact. Sure, I’d lost my grandparents, my godfather, my favorite aunt and my husband’s brother but when it came down to it, really I knew nothing about the losing-your-parent club. And you never really understand that club until you're forced to join. The dues are horrible, the rules and regulations worse.

That was 2011. I’m truly looking forward to 2012 and my New Year's resolution...

Another fresh new year is here... Another year to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear, to love and laugh and give!
~ William Arthur Ward ~

I have so much to look forward to in 2012. My new TV show Joanne Weir’s Cooking Confidence will launch nationally on PBS on January 14 along with a video-centric companion app. Joanne Weir Wines, which you will very soon hear more about, will launch in February and in March/April I will open my first restaurant, Copita. I have a lot to be thankful for as well as having all of you in my life.

May this new year bring many opportunities your way to explore every joy of life. May your resolutions for the days ahead stay firm turning all your dreams into reality and all your efforts into great achievements.

Happy New Year and love to all!

2 comments:

California Wine Club said...

I'm not going to profess to being that good with grammar. I don't know the ins and outs of it and go mainly by experience.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Sue Story said...

Very excited to hear about Copita. Should be just my kind of place.And you can get there by ferry!
Sue Story from New Zealand